As part of our Literacy and Topic lessons, year 2 have been learning about ‘Medieval Norwich.’ We followed a recipe to make medieval gingerbread and then wrote a set of instructions explaining what we did. We left the gingerbread to set and enjoyed trying it in the afternoon. We thought it was different to the gingerbread we would normally eat, but it still tasted good!
Here is the recipe for you to use at home.
A tablespoon of warm honey
A mug of breadcrumbs
A pinch of ground ginger
A pinch of cinnamon
- Warm up the honey.
- Add the ginger and cinnamon spices and stir.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs a dessert spoonful at a time, until you have a sticky dough.
- Mould the dough into balls.
- Leave in the fridge to set for 60 minutes.
6. Enjoy your medieval treat!