The Federation is open only for children of key workers currently, and on the 8th of June welcome back Year 6, followed by Year 1 on the 16th June.
We are keeping in touch with families and supporting throughout this pandemic in the following ways:
- Setting learning tasks on class dojo weekly, with a supplementary menu for all children on our website. This is all on the coronavirus tab. Reception have this shared on tapestry.
- Teachers are responding to work on dojo or tapestry, looking at what the children have been doing and generally overseeing the home learning.
- Delivering Free School Meals parcels to those who are eligible for means tested FSM every week.
- Providing additional learning and resources for those with particular additional needs which are delivered to the home or emailed to them.
- Supporting families through difficulties with regular contact from our pastoral team. Mrs A Thompson, our PSA, and Mrs Feeke, one of our DSLs, contact families regularly and signpost to support and offer ideas for this. If you need any support or advice, please contact us and we will do our very best to help.
- Teachers are contacting families by phone most weeks to see how they are, how things are going and offering support in any way they can.
- Teachers are writing an end of term summary for parents on their child.
- Sharing videos of staff reading stories or sending a message to their class.
- Hosting events such as an online quiz.
- Listening to families in need and supporting with foodbank vouchers. We even have a staff donated food bank where we could provide an emergency parcel of support before another charity or provider could. Just let us know if you are having any difficulties with this.
- Running our Federation twitter account, which keeps people up to date and gives opportunities for interactions and sharing photos etc. We love to see what the children have been doing, so please do keep in touch.
- The office phones are manned by staff at the Junior school and you can contact us if you need any support or have any questions. (01362 694919) You can also email us on junioroffice@
toftwoodfederation.co.uk or infantreception@ toftwoodfederation.co.uk or email@example.com Please note the site is closed to visitors, so if you have anything to ask, please do contact us by phone or email.
All of the staff here miss the children, but we can only have them all back once it is safe to do so. Please know we think of you every day and we love to see your work or hear from you on dojo or twitter.
On top of all of that, we are trying to plan for the new academic year, make sure that everything is in place and look to the future, even though we do not know what that may look like.
For families joining us in September 2020, we will keep in touch, but no one yet knows what will happen in September. Please be assured we look forward to getting to know you and all of the staff are committed to ensuring all children are welcomed and cared for as part of our Federation. We are sending out information now, but please join us on twitter and check the website regularly.
We know it will be different when we return and some children may find it difficult, but we will respond to the children’s social and emotional needs, concerns, questions and learning needs in an age appropriate and sensitive way and make sure we provide the best care and education we possibly can, whatever that may look like.
We look forward to the day we can all be back together.
Parental Feedback 2019
"They have had a fantastic time in Nursery. They have become so independent and ready for school. I thank you all for the support and opportunities you have given them and am grateful that they were able to enjoy time at such a wonderful Nursery."
"I’m so proud of how well our child has done this year and the way they have progressed, this report reinforces that. They have loved being taught by you and take great pleasure in sharing what they have learnt. I can’t thank you enough for making their first year at school so enjoyable and helping to transform them into such a clever, confident little child"
" Each year flies by with one blink of an eye. I would like to express my gratitude towards their teacher and TA for their patience and support. I am impressed with how far they have come. They have shown us that they’ve enjoyed their learning in year 1. Thank you for all your help and guidance."
"Our daughter has had another super year at Toftwood Infants. Thank you to all those who have contributed to her progress this year."
"I’m very proud of my child. I know that they have worked hard this year to make good progress. It wouldn’t have been possible without you as their teacher. Thank you for your patience, your smile and wisdom. Thank you for being such an amazing person and a true inspiration for them and many other children."
"We are very pleased with our child’s progress this year. It has been a great start to their move to junior school. They have grown in confidence throughout the year."
"I am so pleased with this report, I can now see our child is starting to improve so much. I’d like to thank the school and their teacher for helping our child so much when they needed it the most."
"Thank you for teaching my child and helping them to develop in confidence. It is really lovely to hear that they are doing well, we are very proud of them. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all that has been done this year to help my child."
"We are extremely pleased with our child’s report. They enjoyed their time at TJS and are sad to leave such a positive and encouraging environment. We appreciate all the effort of all the wonderful staff."
Parents/Carers: If you would like a paper copy of any of the information shown on our school website please contact the school office.