Pantomime Actor comes to Toftwood Infant – November 2018

On Friday 2nd November, each year 2 class took part in a workshop with the actor Ben Langley from the Theatre Royal. Ben will be starring in the pantomime ‘Aladdin’ which the children are going to see in December and the sessions have inspired the children and given them the chance to experience acting and the process of bringing a story to life.

Each class had a drama workshop with Ben and acted out the story of ‘Aladdin.’ The children then worked in groups and performed one of the scenes from the story to the rest of their class. It was fantastic to see the children working together and demonstrating such confidence –even those who are often quite quiet in class!

The sessions were the perfect way to enhance the children’s own performances in their pantomime of ‘Cinderella’ which they will perform for the rest of the school and wider audiences in December. The children are also excited for the school visit to the Theatre Royal to see Ben Langley and the cast perform.

Here’s what some of the year group shared after the sessions:

“I liked that we all got a turn to go up and perform” Ellouise.

“I enjoyed the story because he made me laugh!” Shanice.

“I liked acting, I was Aladdin” Harrison.

Before Ben left, he commented on how talented the children were and said that he couldn’t wait to hear about our school performance!