Children’s University Summer Graduation

On Thursday 4th July, a total of 35 children from across the Toftwood Federation attended the Summer graduation. This took place at Norwich City Football Club at Carrow Road in Norwich.

Alix McGarvey-Leggett, the Project Officer from Norfolk Children’s University, welcomed children and parents, and gave a presentation of activities that the children had participated in. Before the awards were presented the children were gowned and seated before taking part in a quiz about Children’s University.  They were also invited into the Football Club stand to learn about the Club stadium and its history. One child in Year 5 said “I learnt that the Football Club began in 1902”

The children received a range of Awards, Certificates and Diplomas at the Gold level. Altogether, the Infant children have taken part in extra-curricular activities totalling 1703 hours and 2390 hours at Juniors in order to gain credits in their passports and achieve their awards. These activities include participating in sports, holiday challenges, visits to museums and places of interest, and attendance at Brownies and Rainbows, Beavers and Cubs, and school clubs such as Mad Science, Cooking Club and Ukulele.

Afterwards, one child said “I’m really proud that I received my 3 certificates for my 200 hours award”. Another said “I really liked getting my certificates and watching the slideshow of my friends doing different activities”.

The ceremony was rounded off by a photo session during which the children enjoyed an enthusiastic “hat throw” to celebrate their success! When asked if they had enjoyed the graduation one child said “I loved all of it!”